CREATIVE YOUTH ART FAIR
February 25, 2018, 2:00 - 3:30 pm
Cass Jr High, 8502 Bailey Rd, Darien
This free event exhibits paintings, drawings, and
sculptures created by the youth of the Darien area.
enter, read the Rules and Regulations below and register for the Art Fair by
Three ways to register for the Art Fair:
BY MAIL: Return completed Registration
Form(s) to Marie Anderson, 8820 Royal Swan Lane, Darien, IL 60561
(630-985-2113) postmarked by FEBRUARY 2nd
IN-PERSON: Deposit forms at the
Circulation Desk of the Indian Prairie Library, 401 Plainfield Rd, Darien.
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Each piece of artwork MUST be pre-registered.
No late entries will be accepted.
ARTWORK DROP-OFF DATE: Pre-registered
artwork will be accepted only on Friday, February 23 between 4:30 and 6:30
Artwork should be brought to the Cass Junior
ARTWORK PICK-UP DATE: No artwork may be
removed before the end of the Art Fair. All artwork must be claimed on
Sunday, February 25 at 3:30 pm.
RULES & REGULATIONS
• Darien Area youth age 4 years old through 12th grade are eligible to enter.
• Student may enter up to two (2) artworks.
• All artwork must be the original work of the artist. No tracing, paint by
numbers, or kits will be accepted.
• PRESENTATION: Art entries must be mounted on construction paper, matted or
framed (without glass).
Paintings and drawings cannot be larger than 24”x36”
INCLUDING mount, matte or frame (without glass).
• Each piece of artwork must have the entry label affixed to the FRONT.
• The BACK of each item must be labeled with the exhibitor’s name and phone
• Artwork in frames with glass will NOT be accepted.
• Sculptures must be no larger than 18”x18”x20”.
• No mobiles will be accepted.
• JUDGING: An independent panel of judges will evaluate each piece. A
point system will be used to evaluate
originality, design, use of color and shading, line and
texture, and workmanship.
• AWARDS: A special award will be presented to the overall winner in each
division as well as in the
Photography/Computer Generated media.
• Division winners will be informed on Saturday, February 24.
• Division winners and selected entrants will be displayed at the Indian Prairie
Library during the month of March.
• Prizes and awards will be presented at 3:15 pm.
• LIABILITY: Darien Woman’s Club (DWC) takes n0 responsibility for
lost/damaged registration forms or artwork.
• Art entries are limited to 650 on a first-come-first served basis.
• DISCLAIMER: The Darien Woman’s Club reserves the right to photograph
any or all works submitted for publicity purposes.
Division I: 4 yrs to Kindergarten
Division II: 1st to 2nd Grades
Division III: 3rd to 4th Grades
Division IV: 5th to 6th Grades
Division V: 7th to 8th Grades
Division VI: High School
A: All Drawings, Painting and Mixed Media
B: Sculpture (Freestanding, 18x18x20 in. max)
C: Photography/Computer Generated